Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default something else for ukip supporters

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 15:34:21 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Which just showed the likes of Thatcher and her advisors were totally
out of touch with the real world of trades unions.

Or, perhaps, the "real world" of the unions of the '70s and early '80s
was different to the REAL real world?

Could be. But the Thatcher reforms simply didn't achieve what they set out
to do. Nor were the root and branch members (in my union at least)
particularly against them - although they did involve considerable
additional work for unpaid local officials.

What did make the big difference was casualising my industry. Far more
difficult to organise the workforce. And cost the government dearly in
lower income tax payments.

--
*A bicycle can't stand alone because it's two tyred.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.