Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Chance John Chance is offline

Default something else for ukip supporters

On 08/06/15 08:51, dennis@home wrote:
On 08/06/2015 07:47, Tim Watts wrote:
On 07/06/15 22:11, John Chance wrote:

Unlikely given the pathetic result UKIP got in the most recent
elections,
just one MP elected, and that one a refugee from the Tories that who
wouldnt even do what UKIP wanted him to do about putting his snout
in the HoC trough on staff. Nothing to be scared of there.

And yet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results

Ordered by share of the votes

Party Vote share Seats
Cons 36.9% 331
Lab 30.4% 232
UKIP 12.6% 1
LibDem 7.9% 8

And tell me again why we still used this broken arsed voting system?

Because if we went proportional representation we would have governments
resembling the EU.
Its odd that UKIP want out of the EU but are prepared to put the country
into the same political state if it benefits themselves. On second
thoughts its just "I'm alright stuff everyone else".

No. I would rather UKIP lost the election than have proportional
representation.

UKIP having some kind of half hearted mandate from a minority does not
accomplish the changes UKIP thinks need to be accomplished.

It needs a broad consensus of people to understand and decide that in fact
their and their nation's interests are best served by terminating a
particular relationship with a corrupt and dysfunctional organisation.

That isn't going to happen.

Election results are irrelevant against that aim: If enough people think
Brexit is important enough,

They dont and won't.

then UKIP will get its mandate, and its MPs,

That won't happen either.

or it will happen anyway.

Not a chance.