Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default something else for ukip supporters

On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 10:59:06 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

And clear winners are held to be better than endless coalitions.

Even if 12.6% of the electorate get 0.15% representation?

Every single constituency has the single most popular candidate as
their MP. In Clacton, 28.4% of the electorate get 100% representation.

Well, actually, no - 100% of the electorate get 100% of the
representation, both in Clacton and nationally - because an MPs job is
to represent ALL of the electorate in his constituency, not just those
who agree with him.

You know perfectly well what I meant...

Yes, I do.

Just as you really, deep down, know perfectly well why your statement is
complete and utter ********.

Here's a clue :- Even if I was a UKIP supporter - one of the 10% in this
constituency - Douglas Carswell doesn't represent me in any way
whatsoever. But I _do_ have a representative at Westminster, whose job is
to do exactly that, without any political spin or favour.

And, FWIW, I happen to know that my local MP (re-elected last month) took
that responsibility very seriously in a migration/child-custody case in
my village recently. Good for him. I still didn't vote for him, though.