Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default something else for ukip supporters

On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 09:30:38 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

And clear winners are held to be better than endless coalitions.

Even if 12.6% of the electorate get 0.15% representation?

Every single constituency has the single most popular candidate as their
MP. In Clacton, 28.4% of the electorate get 100% representation.

Well, actually, no - 100% of the electorate get 100% of the
representation, both in Clacton and nationally - because an MPs job is
to represent ALL of the electorate in his constituency, not just those
who agree with him.

Quite. And where there's PR, you have no representative you can go to
and present your problem to.

You can take your problem to your MEP - well, to any one of my seven MEPs
- but, of course, because there's seven of them, they could each play
party politics or even just ignore me in the hope that one of the others
would deal with me.