Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default something else for ukip supporters

On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 09:13:07 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

And tell me again why we still used this broken arsed voting system?

Because we don't vote nationally. Never have done. We vote for our
representative for our area, just as we have for centuries since
parliament became democratically voted-for.

Therein lies the problem.

I don't really care who my MP is. I care more about who's running the
country.

And your MP goes towards determining who that is.

I do accept that people like having a local man to who they can write,

Your MP should be a LOT more than that.

Sure, some of them don't do their job very well - but perhaps that's
because a lot of people blindly vote for the party rather than thinking
about who might actually do the job they're being hired to do. If more
people did that, perhaps we might actually have effective
representatives, rather than apparatchiks handed down from somewhere
nationally?

but clearly we do have a very broken arsed voting system and we need to
find a better one.

Do we? It does exactly what it's intended to do. That might not be what
you think it should be intended to do, but yours is just one voice in
nearly 47m registered voters.

I know. Maybe what's needed is a referendum to see if people want to
change the electoral system? After all, surely such a referendum wouldn't
see the current system preferred by nearly 70% of those who voted, would
it? Oh. Right.