Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Chance John Chance is offline

Default something else for ukip supporters

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 07/06/15 22:11, John Chance wrote:

Unlikely given the pathetic result UKIP got in the most recent elections,
just one MP elected, and that one a refugee from the Tories that who
wouldnt even do what UKIP wanted him to do about putting his snout
in the HoC trough on staff. Nothing to be scared of there.

And yet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results

Ordered by share of the votes

Party Vote share Seats
Cons 36.9% 331
Lab 30.4% 232
UKIP 12.6% 1
LibDem 7.9% 8

Which was completely useless as far as the number of
MPs that UKIP has and couldnt even get Farage elected.

And tell me again why we still used this broken arsed voting system?

Because the alternative makes coalition governments inevitable
and mostly produces very unstable government as well. In some
cases like Belgium, they couldnt even manage to form govt at all
for nearly two years.