Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim at the Common Riding Jim at the Common Riding is offline

Default semi synthetic V mineral oil ...

"Jonno" wrote in message
Jim at the Common Riding scribbled

what are the real world problems on switching between the recommended 5w
30
synth blend oil and 10w 40 mineral oil in a car? I want to use up a load
of
10w 40 mineral oil in it. What is likely to go?...Bearing in mind it will
only be used for six months in the summer.

Will they mix or do you have to completely remove all traces of your
current oil.

I will change the oil and filter until I use the 50L up.....then go back to
5w 30 semi ....