its you

Default 30-0-30 Transformer, home brew or buy

I thought of stacking two commonly avaliable 30VCT transformers, but
didn't know if this was good practice. Any thoughts?
And, just out of curiousity, how would one go about winding a
torroidal transformer? would the primary and both secondaries all be
parallel windings, or would you wind one on one side and the other two
on the other? I probably won't do it myself, as I have a spare
amplifier with a transforemr that'll give me the voltages I need, but
the reason I'm building is to make a portable monitor, and space is
kind of tight...kind of really tight Thanks for the replies, Steve
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 14:28:34 GMT, lcoe
wrote:

its wrote:
Kind of an off question, but I'm searching for a 60V CT (30-0-30)
transformer (1-2A is fine) for an amplifier I've been building. Would
I be better off just shelling out the cash and getting one, or is it
realtively easy to build your own (there are all sorts of torridial
cores avaliable at a local store, all for under 5$) I realize that
purchasing one would of course be the ideal situation, but I don't
particularily feel like spending 35$ for just a transformer... Anyone
have any recommendations where to look to buy one of these? Is
homebrewing one of these transformers relatively complicated? All
thoughs, including negative, are appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Steve

how about stacking two bell xfmrs? the 18v model s/b close to what
you need and s/b cheap at Hdepot of Lowes. --Loren