James Sweet

Default 30-0-30 Transformer, home brew or buy

Don't try to wind your own mains transformer, it's just not a good idea. Buy
or salvage a commercially available one, it'll be much safer and easier.

its you wrote in message
Kind of an off question, but I'm searching for a 60V CT (30-0-30)
transformer (1-2A is fine) for an amplifier I've been building. Would
I be better off just shelling out the cash and getting one, or is it
realtively easy to build your own (there are all sorts of torridial
cores avaliable at a local store, all for under 5$) I realize that
purchasing one would of course be the ideal situation, but I don't
particularily feel like spending 35$ for just a transformer... Anyone
have any recommendations where to look to buy one of these? Is
homebrewing one of these transformers relatively complicated? All
thoughs, including negative, are appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Steve