Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Charity

In article , Big Les Wade
wrote:
Brian-Gaff posted
I'm sure you know this, but many charities try to steer clear of these
pitfalls. I am a trustee of a local charity for the blind. We are in a
loose affiliation with the Greater London Fund for the blind, but when
we collect, on their behalf all the money goes to the local
organisation. We do have some part time paid workers, but much of what
we do is using volunteers. The problem we see looming is the way the
councils are just farming out what used to be paid jobs to
organisations such as ourselves, in order to save money. This should not
be the way things are done. We are turning the clock back.

It depends on what your charity actually does. Just because a charity
does certain things to help a disadvantaged group, doesn't necessarily
mean it should be fully funded out of taxation.

You've got that the wrong way round. Charities are now having to do work
that used to funded out of taxation.

--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18