Default Turn Your Power Supply into an Ohmmeter - It's Free!

"Watson A.Name - 'Watt Sun'" wrote:

Hey, I like that.. It has a nice ring to it: "Watson Ohmmeter".

One of the maintenance guys at work gave me a Fluke 23 meter which is
just a yellow cased version of the 73, I believe. Said he sent it to
Fluke but they sent it back because it it was beyond repair or it
would cost more than a new meter. He might have done something really
stoopid like set it to the ohms range and put it on the 480VAC. In
any case, the display comes on, but nothing happens when the test
leads are connected to a V source. Apparently something major has
been zapped. It's been laying around at work for a couple years, it
probably oughtta be tossed in the trash can.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!
You could put some of your LEDs in the holes where the
meter leads go, make them blink or change colors or something,
and pass the thing off as an experimental DMM that uses
leds instead of leads - it reads the circuit by reflected
light! And the only difference is the letter a :-)

Seriously - it might be a simple repair. As far as the
grungy case - I have on old Fluke 8022 B whose case was
filthy. I took the guts out and washed the thing in a
bucket of hot water with dishwashing soap. I let it soak
for a couple of hours, then scrubbed it with a scrub
brush. Came out clean as a whistle.

The case is kind of
grubby so it's not worth saving for the case. Maybe I should give it
to the theater dept to use as a prop.

Recently the theater guy came over and asked our help desk lady for a
dozen telephone handsets and curly cords. She asked him what they
were going to do with them. He said they were going to use them as
props in a play, the actors would be dancing around with the handset
and the curly cord on stage. He said they would give them back after
the play was over.

Maybe they were going to imitate that Sprint guy: "Can you hear me
now?"...

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 at hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@ u@e@n@t@@