Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Playing mp3s in the car

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Solder might not have been a good idea. It prevents the screw
gripping the wires properly then flows under the presure, loosening
the joint. The vibration in a car I can imagine hastening the
process. The proper thing to use on stranded wires into screw
terminals is plain crimp ferrules.

For jointing a wire (or one into two, etc) where it won't have to be
removed, I prefer to solder the two together and insulate with heat
shrink. Takes up less space than a connector block. That's the way it is
done in an car wiring harness.

--
*Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off NOW.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.