Posted to uk.d-i-y
News News is offline

Default [OT] Playing mp3s in the car

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Wed, 3 Jun 2015 19:44:16 +0100, News wrote:

I tinned all the bare ends, then joined with two choccy blocks,

Solder might not have been a good idea. It prevents the screw
gripping the wires properly then flows under the presure, loosening
the joint. The vibration in a car I can imagine hastening the
process. The proper thing to use on stranded wires into screw
terminals is plain crimp ferrules.

Thanks Dave. One little problemette encountered is the clips that hold
the radio in the dashboard. They don't match, which means the new radio
can slide out - but that means I can occasionally check the tightness of
the screws.
--
Graeme