Watson A.Name - 'Watt Sun'

Default Another twist in the topic (Was Turn Your Power Supply into an Ohmmeter - It's Free!

In article PT1Sa.94662$N7.11173@sccrnsc03,
mentioned...

"Chuck Harris" wrote in message

[snip]

In any case, this relation has been called Ohm's law for so long, that
regardless of its origin, it *is* Ohm's law. To try and change the
common usage at this late date would just needlessly confuse the issue.

This is sort of like the SI prefix Giga. The standards publications
of NBS (now the NIST), U.S. Navy, ASME (American Society of Mechanical
Eng'rs), and others all show the pronunciation as Jiga, but people
have been mispronouncing it for so long that all hope is lost of ever
going back to the original.

And then there's the mess NIST and the international standards bodies
got us into regarding the binary prefixes (see the last two lines of
my .sig below for the URL). I've yet to hear anyone use those in a
conversation, or even in print. Just remember that 1024 kilobytes is
_not_ called a megabyte anymore!

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 at hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@ u@e@n@t@@