Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon263 Simon263 is offline

Default OT Windows 10

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Simon263" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Simon263" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Simon263" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Simon263" wrote in message

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2015-06-01, Jethro_uk wrote:

[46 lines snipped]

I find the current "cloud" fad fascinating. It's almost as if
everyone
who came into IT in the 60s and 70s is now retiring leaving a
bunch of
young turks who have rocked up with the eternal conceit that it's
their
generation that invented the current incarnation of the sliced
loaf.

*applause*

Technology has always been like that. Cars are too.

...that is why I can't find one I want to buy

On the other hand, the current smartphones leave the alternatives for
dead.

...I wouldn't part with my nokia 1100 ........ my smartphone sits in a
drawer.....

More fool you.

no...more fool you...the battery lasts over a week...

Does on my smartphone too.

you can read the LCD
display in sunlight...

Same with my smartphone.

doubt it .......

Do it all the time when out walking for exercise
and listening to podcasts when doing that.

And don’t need to see the screen to make phone calls anyway.

very small...

My smartphone is only marginally bigger and much thinner.

it's bigger then ......

Only very marginally.

very lout ring and SMS notification...

but mine is LOUD .....

So is mine.

Same with my smartphone.

worth about £1 .......

I'm not such a desperate pov that that matters a damn to me.

win win.....

Lose lose in fact capability wise.

you know I am right .......

Nope.

I forgot to mention no touch screen

Buttons that fail instead.

and silly camera .......

Very handy when recording what prices you see
when checking the prices of what you want to buy,
handy for getting the system to tell you what is the
best price anyone has for that item so you can decide
if the one in front of you is close enough to be worth
buying. Handy when the **** hits the fan and you want
a record of the arsehole who make the **** hit the fan.

pov?...had to look that up...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pov