Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon263 Simon263 is offline

Default OT Windows 10

"Clive Page" wrote in message
On 01/06/2015 12:27, Jethro_uk wrote:

Given MS declaration a while back that this will be the last ever release
of Windows, I'd be expecting a subscription model to kick in once the
year is up ....

Indeed. I thought I'd seen somewhere that Microsoft is planning that you
never "own" Windows10, you just rent it. So those taking advantage of the
current free upgrade might find that after the initial free year, they are
forced to pay annually to keep it going.

I think it is much more likely that MS has decided to go the
way the whole of the rest of the industry has gone with retail
level OSs, all of the updates and upgrades will be free to those
who already have the OS and they will make their money
from what they get when their OS is sold with the hardware.

I'd read the small
print vary carefully - though software providers get their lawyers to
write hundreds of long boring paragraphs of the stuff, just so it's hard
to find the important details.