Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default OT Windows 10

Then don't. I'd imagine its a little routine that is starting at launch time
put there by windows update. It should be possible to stop it running from
msconfig, or manually from control panel.

I'm not sure why anyone would want yet another version of Windows with yet
another new set of apps that do not add much to the party as it is already
planned and working properly.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Jonathan" wrote in message
My PC, running Windows 7, suddenly is offering me a free upgrade to
Windows 10 when it comes out. I understand from Googling it, they are
trying to get over the bad publicity with Windows 8.

I know it's not released yet but does anyone have any views on it. I like
Windows 7 and don't want to change to something I will hate. But it might
keep my PC going longer.

My other concern is whether my hardware will be up to running it.

Thanks

Jonathan