Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default OT Windows 10

"Simon263" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

On 2015-06-01, Jethro_uk wrote:

[46 lines snipped]

I find the current "cloud" fad fascinating. It's almost as if everyone
who came into IT in the 60s and 70s is now retiring leaving a bunch of
young turks who have rocked up with the eternal conceit that it's
their
generation that invented the current incarnation of the sliced loaf.

*applause*

Technology has always been like that. Cars are too.

...that is why I can't find one I want to buy

On the other hand, the current smartphones leave the alternatives for
dead.

....I wouldn't part with my nokia 1100 ........ my smartphone sits in a
drawer.....