Glen

Default Handyman Club of America - WTF?

Howard wrote:

I got hooked into their scam several years ago. Sent away for the
'trial' subscription to a series of books (first one free -- "no
obligation").

Book was marginally interesting, but not worth paying for.

I sent in the cancellation notice immediately, and kept the 'free'
book. They sent the next book anyway. I returned it, with another
cancellation notice.

They sent the next one anyway. I kept it, sent them a letter
informing them that it was unordered merchandise, and I had no
obligation to either pay for it or return it. They sent the next one,
which I also kept, and send them another copy of the previous letter.

What you did is perfectly legal. My only recommendation for other
readers would be to send the cancellation notice certified, return
receipt requested. This would serve as proof should they ding your
credit that they were properly notified. Otherwise it can turn into a
he said/she said spitting match.

Glen

SNIP