Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Flashing bathroom light - whilst switched off!

On 30/05/2015 10:12, Brian-Gaff wrote:
No sorry don't believe that. it is probably that there really is an earth.
Did not say what sort of switch this was. We have ours outside the room and
it has been known for there to be a slight leak from one conductor to the
earth point on the metal box in the wall when the switch was screwed don.
Enough to occasionally pop the breaker and to make the light appear to be
on very dimly with occasional bright flashes. This was some years ago and
some sleaving cured the problem, however I'm still suspicious of a switch
leak.

Got a High impedance metar?
Brian

No, I have a cheapo electronic meter in my toolbox, and an Avometer,
which is nearly 50 years old.

The person whose light this is swears blind that her electricity bill
has gone up dramatically since this started flashing. I don't believe her.

I'll change the switch and see if that helps at all.