Ed Sirett

Default British Gas mark-up

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:00:09 +0100, Owain wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote
| I find it hard to beleive they have been gaining market share,
| anecdotally I would have beleived they are losing it hand over
| fist. OTHO I'm seeing the (possible small) fraction of people
| who are disgruntled with BG.
| In which case I'm truly astounded what people are prepared to
| pay (BG) for heating.

Apart from the trusted reputation they enjoy, and that numpty actor on the
telly telling us they're doing the right thing, perhaps part of the problem
is that in many areas it is difficult to get good independent firms to even
come and quote.

There is a huge shortage of plumbrs etc.etc.
Every new customer is a slight risk why bother when there is enough work
from the existing customer base.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk