Ed Sirett

Default No pressure in Hot water tap!!! Help

The Question Asker wrote:

Hi,
Just installed a new kitchen in a friends house but after fitting the new
sink in the hot water tap has been reduced to a dribble. Her hot water
system is as follows (I will try to describe it as best as possible...)

There is a cold water feeder tank in the airing cupboard feeding a ho****er
tank with immersion heater in. Out of the feeder tank is two pipes one
feeding the cold water in the bathroom and the other feeding the hw tank..
From the ho****er tank is a pipe controlled by a gate tap, this feeds the
bathroom ho****er both sink and bath and the bath (Which has always had low
pressure) then this same pipe feed the kitchen hw tap which use to have good
pressure (Well better than now). I have checked that there are no kinks in
the flexible pipe and that there are no blockages in the tap itself. So
what's wrong......... Doe the system need bleeding as I emptied the whole
system, I have also replaced both Gate Valves (The one coming out of the
cold water tank and the one coming out of the hw tank)

If it need bleeding could someone give me some advice on how to do it.

If there is no HW from the bath tap also then you have an air lock (why
did you have to drain the tank the gate valve sould have at least
stemmed the flow enough to work on the kitchen pipes?).
If you have air lock and the the bath cold is working then simply
connect the bath cold and hot together (easy if you have a mixer - just
put your hand over the outle) and turn both on. Wait 30seconds (maybe
more) and then release and turn of the cold the hot should splutter into
normal operation.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk