Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default 'Seeing' Android phone from Windows PC

Blimey I thought I was out of date with xp.
brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
News wrote:

What I can't see is the phone from the Netbook. Should I be able to?
I perhaps naively assumed the phone would appear on the Netbook
(W98)

Earlier versions of Android presented as USB removable storage so would
look like an external drive to a PC, but newer versions use MTP or PTP
instead, so the phone doesn't have to unmount the storage to allow the PC
to mount it.

Win98(!) doesn't come with MTP drivers, you might be able to find some and
install them, e.g.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/171263/mtp-devices-in-windows-me/?p=957830