Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon263 Simon263 is offline

Default 'Seeing' Android phone from Windows PC

"News" wrote in message
In message , Andy Burns
writes

I think he's got that working, and it makes sense for the phone *NOT* to
be a server, sucking up battery power just in case someone wants to access
it, far more sense to have the PC with its mains power be the server,
ready for the occasion when then phone wants to access it, you can pull or
push files using the phone after all ...

Thanks all. I have reached the same conclusion. I don't *need* it to
work without cable - just trying to prove a point to smartarse son :-)

He'll be impressed that I've managed to download an app AND get it working
so I can see the Netbook from the phone wirelessly.

Talking wireless and cable works, why are all these USB cables different?

Because the first ones are too physically big for
stuff like phones and other small devices like that.

WTF haven't the mini plugs been standardised yet?

There are just two commonly seen now with another one
coming that supports more current then the first two.

Half a
century ago, connecting a tape recorder to a record player was a nightmare
with any combination of jack plugs, DIN, banana and phono to choose.
Nothing has changed in fifty years.

At least now they are physically incompatible so its easy
to see which one is needed.