Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Seeing' Android phone from Windows PC

On 28/05/2015 10:59, Robin wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:
I can see the shared folders on my W7 computer from my Android Moto G
phone when running ES File Explorer - but not the other way round.

It took me a while to discover the way see the files from Windows over a
network as the setting is not obvious in ES but IMO it makes it much
easier to manage files. See
http://www.estrongs.com/eshelp/en/ne...#_Toc406426524

Many thanks for that. I wasn't aware of that - and can now see some of
the files stored on the phone in its internal storage (pseudo SD card).

But I *can't* find a way of navigating to the *real* SD card - where
most of my data are stored. Am I missing something?

I sometimes wish to transfer music files and photos from my PC to my
phone so that I can play them or show them to other people when I'm out
and about. I want them to go onto the external SD card[1] - but I can't
see how to do that without using USB. Where am I going wrong?

[1] OK, I can copy them to internal storage and then move them within
the phone - but that rather defeats the object of the exercise!
--
Cheers,
Roger