Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. EUSSR Brexit.

On Thursday, 28 May 2015 14:18:22 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
I think most sensible people would think free movement of peolpe
between countries would be problematic.

Really? You want to stop Brits retiring to Spain, etc?

No, where have I said that ?

Two sentences above?

I've said nothing about restricting brits or anyone else from retiring
in/to Spain.

So that's nothing to do with free movement of people?

Why should it be. Although a freind from spain say it cuses problems in her
old village where a lot of properties have be bought by the English and those living there all their lives can't afford to buy them and how that has changed some towns in Spain.
No problems there at all the same as when she came to London and rents a property that other londerers can't afford, so again no problem at all.
The free movement of people doesn't cause any problems does it.
She'd like to buy a flat in London but can;t afford it any moore than here sister can afford to buy a house in spain, same problem niether can afford it because of the rise in the price of properties partially due to migration.

I'm not claiming anything.

Neither am I but I know that free movement i.e movement without any restrictions does cause problems. Which is why countries like Australia and america DO impose restrictions and those are for (usually) very good reasons.