Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Seeing' Android phone from Windows PC

On 28/05/15 14:21, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Thu, 28 May 2015 13:30:26 +0100, News wrote:

What I cannot do is see the phone from the Netbook wirelessly, through
My Network Places, Entire Network etc. That is what I hope to achieve,
not because I need to, but just because I think it should be possible.

Well, you'd think.

Welcome to Android. Where **** all "just works".

You need the phone to act as a server to the Netbook. Either via SMB
(Samba - Windows stylee) or FTP.

Or the other way around - possibly enabling a share on the netbook.

It may be possible to crowbar the bluetooth OBEX stack into the equation.
But Androids version of bluetooth is even more sucky than Windows - which
is saying something.