Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Pressure washer

"harryagain" wrote in message

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
I have a Hozelock Compact Pressure Washer 100. It's about 4 years old and
only gets used once per year to blast the driveway at Pounder Towers.
I've forgotten how much it cost, but I don't think it was much.
Today I noticed that when the trigger on the gun is released the motor
was still running. It should turn off ........ I've RTFM.
It's no big deal as I just turn it off on the switch, I don't leave it
running when I go for a fag.
If I have a look inside, has anybody got any idea of what I should be
looking for?
I've emailed Hozelock, but I've a good idea of what they are going to say

These pressure washers are positive displacement pumps.
So, if it still runs when the outlet vleve is shut, there must be a bypass
valve as last ditch pump moter protection.

So, either ther pressure switch that should turn it off is faulty. (And
bypass valve is lifting)
Or
The by-pass valve is faulty. Ie Passing water at too low a pressure. Valve
seat knackered sort of thing.

Pressure switch seems more likely.

Cheers Harry.
It sounds like the valve.
As this thing looks like a pig to take apart and Hozelock seem to have a
reputation for not supplying parts, I'll just keep turning off on the
switch.

Thanks for the heads up.