Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] roggyfrog@eatthisspam.com is offline

Default Glued on dust caps

On Thu, 28 May 2015 09:12:47 +0100, CB wrote:

On 27/05/2015 20:13, dennis@home wrote:
On 27/05/2015 09:05, fred wrote:
On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 8:51:07 AM UTC+1, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 27 May 2015 00:41:39 -0700, fred wrote:

It now appear he has glued on the dust caps

I doubt it. That'd be ridiculously petty.

on the new tubed tyres.

Tubed? Really? I'd be very surprised. Or are they VERY old wheels which
can't be used tubeless?

2012 BMW 1 series. Yes tubed. Car came as new with a toy 12v
compressor and aerosol repair kit

That isn't the correct kit for a tubed tyre.

I assume that is the root cause of the OP - the OP (or previous car
owner) has had tubes fitted (somehow) since they (like many) dislike the
"no spare needed" mentality of modern manufactures. When turning up at
a tyre depot in this configuration the OP has had a disagreement with
the management.

A tubeless tyre with a nail or screw embedded in the tread can often carry on as
normal for months. With the same type of debris a tubed tyre will go flat in
seconds.

Is Hucker banned from Kwik Fit?

Do parrots eat holes in tyres?

Do BMW have a speciale needs division to cater for awkward parrot owning ****s?