Posted to uk.d-i-y
News News is offline

Default 'Seeing' Android phone from Windows PC

In message , Tim Watts
writes
On 28/05/15 10:16, News wrote:

Having adopted my son's Samsung phone,

OK - first mistake!

You are supposed to get the best on contract yourself and 2 years
later, pass it onto him as a cast off!

grin I never use the bl**dy thing. PAYG and a tenner will last me
years. Most of the top ups I buy die after six months, long before I've
used the credit. Seriously. Having got this latest one alive and
kicking, I must remember to use it twice a year, just to keep it going.

Stick an SSH server on the phone:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apps.sshserver

and use SFTP from the netbook (using typically WinSCP as you said
Windows, or Cyberduck from a Mac).

Thank you. I'm going to read all that slowly at least six more times,
then have a go.

--
Graeme