Posted to uk.d-i-y
News News is offline

Default 'Seeing' Android phone from Windows PC

Having adopted my son's Samsung phone, I'm having a play. This is my
first android type phone (I thought my last mobile was sophisticated
because it took photos as well as made phone calls), which is now
connected to the home network. Phone is running Android 4.4.4 The
phone is S3, I think.

Having installed ES File Explorer on the phone, I can see shared files
on my Netbook, using the phone. What I can't see is the phone from the
Netbook. Should I be able to? I perhaps naively assumed the phone
would appear on the Netbook (W98), but there must be a setting I am
missing within the phone. Whatever it is, I can't find. Any clues?
--
Graeme