Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_5_] Graham.[_5_] is offline

Default Sky box and Wireless vs Wired Connection

On Wed, 27 May 2015 21:35:39 +0100 (GMT+01:00), TheChief
wrote:

"dennis@home" Wrote in message:
On 27/05/2015 19:34, TheChief wrote:
Hi all

A colleague of mine has been advised to connect his Sky box via
wireless to his router rather than cable! Apparently his speed
has improved significantly as a result.

Now we are talking about Kingston Communications here, practically
the only option for broadband in Hull.

Don't know the router type, but the broadband connection is via
KC's fibre to the home offering called light stream. The user has
a new Sky box with built in wireless card. He has tried different
cable to link the devices with no change. So anyone hazard a
guess why wireless should be faster than hard wired?

Thanks

Phil

He's got a crappy switch in there somewhere.

I think his understanding of the setup is reasonable and he says
the link is direct from Sky box to router.

How is he measuring the throughput on the wired and wireless link
between the router and Sky box?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%