Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Email from BT

Got a slightly strange email from BT

"It doesn't look like you're getting the best from your wireless
connection, so we'd like to help you make it better. "

Which was odd, as I've not really noticed any difference between those
bits which are Wi-Fi connected and those which are cable.

So I used the BT test.

Laptop - which is my newest computer and Wi-Fi gave:-

34.5 Mbps download
7.9 upload

Desktop PC (cabled) gave:-

16.1 download
7.9 upload.

In both cases speed from exchange to BT hub, 39.8 Mbps. I have fibre to
the end of the road, and overhead copper to the house.

So just what are they on about?

--
*Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.