Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. EUSSR Brexit.

On Wednesday, 27 May 2015 12:15:59 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 27 May 2015 10:57:14 +0000, Huge wrote:

What I find odd is just why racists object to being called racists?

They don't. But normal people who are not find it very offensive

Does the term have any currency any more? It's been
misused/abused/overused so much it's just meaningless noise.

Those on the receiving end might disagree.

But for this kind of debate, I prefer "xenophobe" or even just the more
wide-ranging catch-all of "bigot".

Could shortent that to just Human or just being alive.

It's one of the first instincts to be mistrustful of anything new or untested.
It's belived we developed colour vison so we could tell good from bad as far a s food is concerned and why we find rotting stuff revolting by smell it's because it shouldn;t be near our mouths. The opposite being for vultures and other animals that CAN eat rotting flesh.