Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default OT. EUSSR Brexit.

On Wed, 27 May 2015 08:56:32 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

I think I'll file that under I'll believe it if I see it. Lots of coulds
and maybes and, of course, a government with a small majority can avoid
having to try to totally overhaul our, admittedly unwritten,
constitution by ensuring that the Bill of Rights is something that
Strasbourg can agree to.

Er, not unwritten, in fact. Just not all written down in one place. We
already have the following (from Winky):

snippety long list of 800yrs of legislation

Personally I might have included the Habeus Corpus Act, too, but Winky
chooses not to for some reason.

Which isn't an explicit constitution, but a selection of bits of
constitutional legislation which - taken together - can be interpreted to
be a constitution.