buck rojerz

Default Turn Your Power Supply into an Ohmmeter - It's Free! - File 1 of 1 - ohm's law.gif (0/1)

"Ratch" wrote in

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
link.net...
Yes, and Ohm's Law describes the interaction of resistance, voltage,
and current. Not just resistance.
I'm not an engineer, granted, but I don't require an education on
Ohm's

Law.

Mark Z.

I belive that you are missing the point. The resistance (or
impedance)
formula V=IR (or V=IZ), describes the describes the interaction of
resistance (impedance), voltage, and current. While correct and true
in all cases, those formulas are NOT Ohm's law, and it is wrong to
call them that. As shown in the second link I gave, Ohm's law is a
property of resistive linearity in a material. Just as the specific
gravity of a material is a property. If it conforms to Ohm's law, it
is ohmic. Otherwise it is nonohmic. Ratch

What the heck is "nonohmic"? Is this a word you just made up? I have been
an electronis tech for 30+ years and thats a new one on me. It all doesn't
matter. Wether it is inductance, capacitive impedance, a thermistor, a
varistor, or what ever. Ohm's law still stands firm. For changing
"impedance" or fixed resistance. At any moment in time, there is a certain
resistance(impedance), a certain voltage and a certain current and ohm's
law always applies. Even in a combined circuit of capacitance and
inductance with an appplied frequency signal. At 1 instantaneous moment,
there is a vectored impedance and associated voltage and current. It is a
law of physics and there is no getting around it no matter what you call
it. A rose is a rose is a rose.
Here are the formulae and you believe what you will.