Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Playing mp3s in the car

On Mon, 25 May 2015 12:40:31 +0100, charles wrote:

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Mon, 25 May 2015 11:04:35 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Depends on finding a station (and pirate) free chunk of VHF spectrum,
and maybe having to retune on long journeys to find another.

Shouldn't be an issue. The proximity is so close that the little
transmitter should utterly wipe out everything else including even
strong commercial stations, so you don't need to find a free slot or
re-tune. Google 'FM capture effect'.

If you've got a properly installed aerial, then your "little
transmitter"
is the wrong side of the tin box (known as the car body).

True...but I have the radio antenna embedded in a static side window. So
it works well inside the car too.

The GPS in the phone wipes out completely though. I have to use a
repeater.