lcoe

Default AA battary capacity, Ah (?)

In rec.crafts.metalworking Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:19:49 GMT, the renowned (Rex B)
wrote:
OK, so where's the best place to buy NiMh batteries?
I checked at the local Big Lots and all they have is a few NiCads.

Last time I needed a few in a hurry I got them off a rack at Home
Despot.

[....]
Except for very noncritical applications (toys?), I'd avoid the
generic batteries, they don't always live up to their specifications.

BTW, don't use NiMH for things like emergency flashlights, they have a
high self-discharge rate. Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

i have learned a lot from this thread and now understand some of the
tradeoffs. the newer cordless phones are a maze of choices and one
major factor is that at some point the current draw demands NiMH and
the talk/standby time goes _down_.

this pdf gives a good ordering of the Uniden offerings:

http://www.uniden.com/press/Best_Pho...your_Table.pdf

--Loren