Ratch

Default Turn Your Power Supply into an Ohmmeter - It's Free!

"Ratch" wrote in message
While correct and true in all
cases, those formulas are NOT Ohm's law, and it is wrong to call

them
that.

Dude, go back to school, Algebra 1. V=IR I=V/R R=V/I etc.
The equation can be rearranged to any of the others by simple
multiplication and division by whichever variable.

Tim

I believe everyone on this newsgroup can isolate each of the terms
algebraically. What is your point? What don't you agree with? What is
incorrect? Be specific. Ratch

I think the point of everyone here is that you're being pedantic,
pointing out something that has no real relation to the topic being
discussed.

Good. You finally gave a valid reason for your gripe and did not deny
my "factoid". I can understand and appreciate your concern and irritation.
However, these threads are not just read and appreciated by you , I, and a
select few. There are plenty of lurkers who don't mind learning something,
and inserting ancillary facts into a discussion is not beyond what is
normally done here. Look at how some of the other threads have morphed.
Anyway, I don't think I was out of line in pointing out that Ohm's law is
usually used as a misnomer. The choice to keep on doing so is up to the
individual. Ratch