Ray L. Volts

Default the end for servicers?

"Ray Carlsen" wrote in message
A quick look inside any of the little LCD projectors we have tells me
what my future in servicing will be. The PCBs all look like computer
motherboards.
When I decide to jump on the HDTV bandwagon, my choice for a monitor
will be one of those little projectors.
The downside right now is the expensive lamps they
use, but one demo I saw (Panasonic) has a switch to extend the lamp life

at
the expense of image brightness, and another unit featured a 5000 hour
lamp. Gettin' better... almost ready for prime time.

I wonder if, in the not-too-distant future, there will be high-output LED's
which will be suitable for projector use. We're already seeing LED
stoplights, brake lights, etc.