Default Turn Your Power Supply into an Ohmmeter - It's Free!

Ian Stirling wrote:

Very handy indeed.
The ones I bought were 3 pounds 99p, ($6us?) I have around 8.
Soon after buying one, I thought I'd discovered that they have an
overvoltage LED.
However, the smell of burning FR4 soon made me realise otherwise.

It's amazing how many multimeters you can use when you have them free.
I was just discharging a series string of Li-Ion batteries, to measure
capacities.
In the past I would have taken measurements every 5 minutes to ensure
none had approached 3V.

Why bother, just hook up 5 of them, and glance over every once in a while.,

YES!!!! I had a situation where I needed to continually and
simultaneously monitor current and voltage into and out of a
dc-dc converter with two outputs, while varying the loads and
the input supply. Some asshole said he could do it with two
meters - another "sniper" who obviously did not understand
the word "simultaneously". Anyway, there's a catalog outfit
named Harbor Freight, and they had multimeters on sale for
$2.99 including the 9V battery. I bought 4 of them. As you
correctly pointed out, it's amazing how many you can use
at the same time when they are just sitting around waiting
for use!

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept that I cannot change, the