Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Brown[_2_] Simon Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Concrete building blocks

"Andrew" wrote in message
news
newshound wrote:
On 19/05/2015 22:41, Andrew wrote:
JimK wrote:
Why do you need a concrete block floor for a log store?

Jim K

It is a base for the structure rather than a floor and is to keep the
timber bearers off the ground - in the same way as one might do for a
garden shed. (I will be placing a damp proof membrane between the timber
and the base).

Andrew

If the bearers are going to be spanning many blocks then if one sinks,
the vertical load will just transfer to the next one.

Just how high is this log store going to be? My gut feel is that medium
density would be fine.

The logstores a

http://www.fisherswoodcrafts.co.uk/v...Year-Guarantee

Jeezus. Why didn’t you DIY something as simple as that ?

They currently sit on paving, but I want to remove them to another part of
the garden whilst they are empty.

Andrew