madcat

Default problems getting cable channels on a sony tv

"bigmike" wrote in message om...
"hoss" wrote in message
I have a sony trintiron 13'' TV. unfortunately I don't know the year. for
some reason I can't get any channel above 47 on it while about 100

channels
are available when another TV is connected to the same cable. in addition
the problem still remaines when the problematic sony is connected to
anyother cable. Of course I've tried reprogramming the TV but that doesn't
work. it doesn't even receive the higher channels when they are

specifically
typed into the remote, just static.

I wonder if anyone has any advice on what the problem may be and how to

fix
it aside from getting a new TV.

Thank you very much,
Adam

That's probably as high as that set was designed to go. I do not know the
age of the set, but the older the set, the less cable channels they were
designed to receive. You can either use a cable box, or a cheaper route is
to use the tuner in any half way modern VCR to get the higher channels. Then
just leave your tv on whatever channel the VCR is set to output at, and
change channels with the VCR tuner.

thats all it gets