Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Ot These useless polls.

In message , Lobster
writes
On 12 May 2015, Nightjar "cpb"@ insert my surname here.me.uk grunted:

What it means is that people told the pollsters the same thing, but that
thing wasn't what all of them did in the end.

It's the 'shy Tory' effect, I'm sure. People are embarrassed to admit they
vote Conservative. Think how common it is to hear people banging on in the
pub or round the office water cooler about how they hate the Tories etc
etc, how Labour will sort it all out etc etc. You just never hear it the
other way round, do you?

Example - the day of the election my 18-year-old nephew posted a picture of
himself on Facebook wearing a T-shirt proclaiming "Please God anything but
Tory" or similar... I can barely imagine any kid having the balls to do
likewise with a Labour.

:-)

Guilty as charged!

Mind, with this constituency and Peter Lilley as candidate there is
little point voting elsewhere.

I think floating voters decided to play safe.

--
Tim Lamb