Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default Door opening conventions

On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 8:49:48 PM UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
GMM wrote:

That's why I assumed the doors in my place open that way - so the maid
didn't catch you shagging a close relative. And a right pain it is too,
as you lose floor space through having to be able to walk around the
open door

I'm glad my house (1971?) doesn't have the doors hung that was it would
make the usable space within the bedrooms smaller, apart from the
box-room where it wouldn't make much difference.

The convention does not prevent the door opening outwards, it's just that the occupants should be able to see the door move before the person coming in can see them.

Robert