Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Is There Any Communication Between Planning and Building Regs Depts?

"TheChief" wrote in message
I expect I know the answer to this one, but does the planning
dept talk to building regs and vice versa?

Just a thought cos I am watching a programme about a castle built
surrounded by hay bales. The idea is to have the building in
place and lived in for four years, then remove the hay bales.
The relevant council has a four year rule after which they cannot
demand demolition.

But the owner has not employed labour to avoid detection and just
has a few sketches to document the build, so presumably he also
has no building regs approval. This got me wondering whether the
BR department would actually check the planning status of a job
they were asked to inspect/sign off.

Phil

Don't be silly ......