Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM[_4_] GMM[_4_] is offline

Default Door opening conventions

On 11/05/2015 18:07, ARW wrote:
"Chris French" wrote in message
In message , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes
Do people still worry these days about opening doors across a bedroom in
case the occupant is in a state of dishabille ?

I imagine some people do yes.

The ones with servants?

That's why I assumed the doors in my place open that way - so the maid
didn't catch you shagging a close relative. And a right pain it is too,
as you lose floor space through having to be able to walk around the
open door.
And the bloody servants all seem to have legged it a century or so ago,
dammit. We still have the servants' bells in the kitchen but ringing
them gets you nowhere.
Who's going to serve the canapes and pink gins now?