Ratch

Default Turn Your Power Supply into an Ohmmeter - It's Free!

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
link.net...
Yes, and Ohm's Law describes the interaction of resistance, voltage, and
current. Not just resistance.
I'm not an engineer, granted, but I don't require an education on Ohm's

Law.

Mark Z.

I belive that you are missing the point. The resistance (or impedance)
formula V=IR (or V=IZ), describes the describes the interaction of
resistance (impedance), voltage, and current. While correct and true in all
cases, those formulas are NOT Ohm's law, and it is wrong to call them that.
As shown in the second link I gave, Ohm's law is a property of resistive
linearity in a material. Just as the specific gravity of a material is a
property. If it conforms to Ohm's law, it is ohmic. Otherwise it is
nonohmic. Ratch

Actually it is the resistance formula that works. What you think

is
Ohm's (V=IR) is not. See the links below and a good physics book. Ratch
http://maxwell.byu.edu/~spencerr/websumm122/node50.html

http://www.launc.tased.edu.au/online...ctric/resistnc
/Resistance.htm