Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Education

On 11/05/15 12:02, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 9 May 2015 15:40:02 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 09/05/15 13:07, Fredxxx wrote:

Interesting, I recall my early French lessons where everyone was given a
French name and this was always used to address us in French lessons. I
can't remember mine!

I had one in Spanish - Manuel IIRC, or might have been Miguel.

But not in French. Sadly I was never enthused by either language and
they would not let me do German because "it was too hard".

My French teacher was a Pakistani, very strong accent in both languages.
if you couldn't understand his English you were being racist, if you couldn't understand his French you were just thick.

My spanish teacher was welsh. Similar problem