Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Education

On Saturday, 9 May 2015 15:40:02 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 09/05/15 13:07, Fredxxx wrote:

Interesting, I recall my early French lessons where everyone was given a
French name and this was always used to address us in French lessons. I
can't remember mine!

I had one in Spanish - Manuel IIRC, or might have been Miguel.

But not in French. Sadly I was never enthused by either language and
they would not let me do German because "it was too hard".

My French teacher was a Pakistani, very strong accent in both languages.
if you couldn't understand his English you were being racist, if you couldn't understand his French you were just thick.